Construction Birthday Party
Build a super construction birthday party!
Is your birthday boy (or girl) fascinated with backhoes and bulldozers? Is he completely entertained by Bob the Builder or Handy Manny? If so, pack your tool box with these construction birthday party games, decorations and fun treats and you’ll be ready to get to work!
Construction Party Invitations and Decorations
Build excitement and set the mood for a great construction party.
- Trace tool shaped cookie cutters to make your own invitations on cardstock paper and if possible deliver your invitations tied to a miniature tool or truck.
- Combine orange, yellow and black balloons, streamers and tableware for a construction party theme.
- Include a roll of caution tape for streamers, it will be a hit!
- Make “KIDS AT PLAY” and “PARTY ZONE” signs with poster board or craft foam.
- Decorate with props such as saw horses, orange cones, caution tape and 2×4 boards are easy to find and look fabulous!
- Tie bunches of 3-5 orange, yellow and black balloons to cinder blocks or bricks for weights.
- Large empty appliance boxes are fun for decorating and playing in during the party. Add toy tools for more fun!
- Does your little construction worker have a kid-sized workbench, trucks, tool box, or Bob the Builder storybooks? Include them in your decor and activities.
- Decorate the party table with strips of caution tape down the middle, toy construction trucks, signs and workers along the top of the table and orange plates and cups.
- If you can find mini safety cones, add one at each place setting.
Construction Party Games and Crafts
Prepare a few fun games and age appropriate activities for active little builders. Here are some favorites…
- Get your guests in the party mood by giving them hardhats and work vests or orange tee shirts as they arrive.
- Build and Stack game – see how high you can stack “Bricks” (cardboard boxes) without having them fall.
- “Earth Mover” or “Let’s Get to Work!” relay races where the teams race to move a pile of dirt or fill a toolbox with kid-safe tools.
- Run off some party energy with a construction themed obstacle course game.
- Toss bean bags into the back of a toy dump truck or even a five gallon bucket.
- “Let’s build it” construction party craft.
- Another fun relay race is to “build a house”. Each team builds a poster board house one player/piece at a time.
- New twist on a party favorite – Play a construction themed fishing game using a saw horse, wood dowel, string and magnet to move nuts and bolts from one location to another.
- Is there a construction site in your neighborhood where the children can safely watch the tractors and cranes at work? Might be worth the trip!
- Set up a “Construction Zone” (outdoor party) using wood boards, orange cones, tires and a sand pit with toy construction vehicles and shovels.This can serve a dual purpose as a playtime activity!
- Do you have a friend with a back hoe or dump truck? Ask them to come and give the kids a ride.
Construction Party Food and Favors
Hear that whistle? It’s Lunch Time! Satisfy handle hungry workers with kid-friendly birthday party treats.
- Serve sandwiches in cookie cutter shapes of construction vehicles.
- Fill mini dump trucks with fruit and veggies.
- Dump Truck Birthday Cake. Just fill up the back of a good size toy truck with cake chunks, ice cream and toppings….blow out the candles and grab a spoon! Or check out this great dump truck birthday cake design over at Parenting.com.
- This birthday cake is “Under Construction”…Decorate the top of a sheet cake with mini workers signs and vehicles. Chocolate cookie crumbs make piles of dirt, graham cracker crumbs become edible sand and you can find candy rocks at specialty candy stores.
- If you prefer to make cupcakes, frost them with chocolate frosting. Then add chocolate cookie crumbs and small construction vehicle toy (also a party favor).
- Try doing an Internet image search for “dump truck cake”…there are some fabulous creative ideas to inspire you!
- Everyone goes home happy with construction party favors created by filling mini trucks or hard hats full of goodies.
- Decorate brown paper bags with a few construction themed stickers and fill the bag with fruit snacks, cheese crackers, stickers and a toy truck.
1-2-3 Party Tip:
If you are providing hard hats or tool belts for the party, you can keep party favors to a minimum.
Leave a Reply
Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD