Firefighter Birthday Party
Three alarm party fun for your birthday hero!
Big trucks, tall ladders, flashing lights and really cool gear … who wouldn’t want to celebrate a birthday with a firefighter theme?
Plan a memorable firefighter party for your birthday hero is as easy as 1,2,3 with this popular firefighter party guide.
Firefighter Party Invitations and Decorations
Throwing a four alarm firefighter party is easy if you have the right party items to set the stage. Here are some ideas to inspire you!
- Make a fun invitation using a fire truck die-cut from the craft store or pictures from a magazine and cardstock paper. Put “It’s A Four Alarm PARTY!” on the front and your party details on the back .
- Red and yellow are great colors to use for a firefighter party theme.
- Cover your party table with a white table cloth. Lay strips of red and yellow streamers down the center of the table to make a runner. Then add red candies like red-hots or jelly beans for a finishing touch.
- Set the table with red and yellow tableware or matching firefighter themed party items.
- Use your cake as a centerpiece or tie a bundle of balloons, 1 yellow and 2 red balloons to a toy fire hat or engine.
- Add red and yellow two-toned party plates.
- How cool would it be to have a fire truck at your party? A large appliance box can morph into a bright red fire truck with a can of red paint and a little imagination. You can add doors, windows, tin pie plate headlights, etc.
- Decorate the front door with an “Engine House” sign. Use your child’s name and age in the poster…”Welcome to Engine House Bennett – Ladder Company 5”
Firefighter Birthday Party Games and Crafts
Exciting party games and engaging crafts will create a fun-filled firefighter birthday party. Pick your favorites to include in your celebration.
- Give your guests plastic dress-up fire hats and large yellow t-shirts to wear for the party.
A sticker emblem attached to the front is the shirt is a nice touch but you can also make emblems with fabric markers.
- Relay races are perfect for a firefighter party theme…
Run a firetruck race with cardboard box firetrucks, a bucket brigade relay race or a firefighter dress-up relay. If you cant decide, play all three!
- New twist on a party favorite – play a firefighter version of Pin the Tail on the Donkey with “Stick the Badge on the Firedog”.
- Run through an exciting firefighter obstacle course.
- Old game with a new twist…play a firefighter version of musical chairs with the music “Burning Down the House”
- Provide a fire engine craft using tissue boxes covered in red paper. Then add craft foam tires, headlights and other items.
- Firefighters can practice with a tee ball target game.
- Red Collage – give each child a white cut out of a fire engine to decorate with red items such as paper, pom-poms, yarn, buttons, red patterned wall paper, magazine pictures etc. Use glue to attach the red on to the white truck cutout.
- Set up a play clay table with red, orange and yellow play clay. Include rollers, fire truck, hydrant, dog and hat cookie cutters will tie the theme into this quiet craft activity.
- A visit to your local Firehouse (planned well in advance) for a tour of the station house and a fire truck would be the ultimate Firefighter Party activity! Most fire districts have programs where the children can learn fire safety, see the equipment and get souvenirs.
- If the weather outside is nice, get out the garden hose and stack plastic red party cups into a tower. See who can knock over the most!
Firefighter Birthday Party Food and Favors
Feed hungry little heroes and send them home with a small thank you gift. Here’s what’s popular for this party theme:
- Serve a real firehouse meal of chili, hot dogs or Sloppy Joes.
- Bake your own cake using a fire truck cake pan or check out the super easy Fire Truck Cake (pictured right) that is featred on OneHungryMama.com.
- Serve up yellow or orange Italian ice drinks to match the colors of this party. Kids love these drinks and a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkles on top is sure to please.
- Use small plastic firefighter figures to top red frosted cupcakes.
- Everyone goes home happy with fire truck party favors created by filling mini-fire hats with stickers, fruit snacks, bubbles, and a toy Dalmatian fire dog.
Leave a Reply
Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD