Building Blocks Craft
A fun make-and-take construction party craft.
This is a fabulous activity for a construction or arts and crafts party. Little builders love the process and parents love that it’s virtually mess-free…if you skip the paint and markers.
- Wood blocks in a variety of sizes
- Wood dowels pieces
- Wood glue
- Foam sanding blocks
- Hammers and nails (optional)
- Kid-safe paint (optional)
- Markers or crayons (optional)
Before the Party:
- Cut a variety of wood pieces in all shapes and sizes. Do you have a carpenter friend or relative who may have scrap pieces?
- Pre-sand the wood pieces to remove dangerous splinter edges… little hands will be working with this wood.
- Gather easy to handle kid-sized or small hammers and craft nails.
- Fill a muffin tin with the nails.
- Cut foam sanding sponges in pieces for small hands.
- Prepare paint, brushes and smocks if desired. A muffin tin or clean , foam meat trays work well for the paint but keep it covered until it’s time for the activity.
- If you are providing markers or crayons, for decorating, place them in paper plates, pie tins or clean foam meat trays.
- Protect your work surface or prepare a place on the ground. A garage or cement patio is a great place for this activity.
- Enlist a parent helper or two for the party.
- If you are using paint or markers, provide each little builder with a smock.
- Give each child one larger pieces of wood to start with and set the remaining pieces in a central location for the kids to grab when needed.
- Give each child a sanding block and access to the glue so they can get to work.
- Help with hammer and nails.
- Write the guest’s names on the wood using permanent markers.
Leave a Reply
Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD