Ladybug Party Hat Craft
Imagine a party room filled with sweet little ladybugs!
These ladybug party headbands will set the mood for your super party! Make the headbands before the party or prepare the supplies ahead of time and help the children make their own as they arrive. Either way they aren’t difficult and are so cute. Don’t you agree?
- 12”x18”Red craft foam sheets
- Black “sticky-backed” craft foam
- Small red craft foam hearts
- Black dot stickers
- Back Marker
- Wiggle Eyes
- Black or red chenille stems
- Yarn or string
- Hole punch
- Glue dots
Before the Party:
Make these ladybug headbands before the party for the children to wear as they arrive. Or, if you’d like the children to make this craft when they arrive, prepare the supplies and pieces before hand and be sure you have a helper. Little hands will have a bit of a hard time but could certainly attach stickers.
- Cut a strip of red craft foam for each child.
- Make a hole on both ends of the strip.
- Trace a circle on the back of the black sticky foam. A frosting container lid is the perfect size.
- Cut the circle in half.
- Attach a half circle in the center of the headband at the bottom edge.
- Use the glue dots to attach the eyes.
- Cut and glue a small piece of yarn for the smile.
- Color the ladybug dots on the read part of the headband or use black dot stickers.
- Make two holes right above the ladybug head and insert the chenille stem and twist to secure.
- Coil the chenille stem antennae around a pencil to curl.
- Attach heart stickers or pom-poms to the tips if you wish. The antennae will flop forward but when the ladybug headband is worn, they will stand straight.
- Now loop the yarn through the hole to make ties.
Help the children follow the steps above. Or, simply tie the headbands on your little ladybug guests as they arrive.
Leave a Reply
Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD