Pirate’s Hook Craft
Arrr… this is a fun craft for every pirate!
This make-and- take favor and pirate party craft entertains the kids and you won’t need a chest of gold to buy the supplies!
- Aluminum oil
- Plastic or cardboard party cup
- Duct tape
- Stickers (optional)
- Permanent Marker
Before the Party:
- Punch or cut a hole a little smaller than a dime, in the bottom of the cups you’ll be using. You may find paper cups are easier to work with.
- Tear a large piece of aluminum foil for each guest.
- Make a hook ahead of time so that you are familiar with the craft.
- Give each child their cup with a hole and the sheet of foil.
- Show them how to crumple, twist and bend the foil into a thick hook.
- Insert the hook into the hole leaving enough inside the cup to grasp. This is how the hook stays on a little pirate’s hand.
- Place a strip of duct tape inside the cup to keep the hook in place.
- Decorate the cup with duct tape and stickers if you’d like.
- Use the permanent marker to write each guests name on their cup.
- Now the kids can dress up in their pirate patches, hats or bandannas and wear their hooks for play and pictures!
1-2-3 Party Suggestions:
Older kids can form a loop with the foil hook once inside the cup which makes it easier to grasp.
If you are making this craft with younger pirates, you will need to help them make their hooks, but they will enjoy decorating the cups with stickers.
Leave a Reply
Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD