Catch a fish to catch your prize!
Kids love to play this easy to make party game where catching a fish is rewarded with a prize every time!
Add a unique twist to this game to match your party theme… fish for frogs in a pond of lily pads at a princess party, Ariel can fish for “human items” at a mermaid party or how about a spider catching game at your Halloween party ? The creative possibilities are endless!
- About 3-4 foot piece of 3/4 inch wood dowel
- Spray paint (optional)
- Cotton string
- Craft glue, glue gun or glue dots
- Magnetic doughnut washer or horseshoe magnet
- Construction paper or cardstock
- Paper clips
- Paper bags for the prizes
Before the Party:
- Paint the wood dowel piece.
- When the paint has dried, attach a long piece of string to the end of the dowel with a knot and glue for extra security.
- Tie the magnet to the end of the string…this is the fishing pole hook.
- Trace several paper fish on heavy paper and cut them out.
- Draw basic features on the paper fish and number them 1,2 0r 3.
- Place a paper clip where the mouth would be.
- Test the magnet to make sure it will pick up the paperclip fish.
- Divide the prizes evenly into three bags and number the bags 1,2, and 3 to correspond with the fish.
- Scatter the fish on the floor or in a dry kiddie pool.
- The players will take turns “catching” fish with the magnet fishing pole.
- When a fish is caught that player is allowed to select a prize from the bag with the corresponding number.
For example if a player catches a fish with the number 3 on it, then they will pick a prize from the bag marked with a number 3.
1-2-3 Party Game Tip:
To make the game more challenging use a covered saw horse as a “wall” the players have to fish over. It’s a bit more fun because the can’t see the fish.
Leave a Reply
Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD