A wrong word sticks out like a sore thumb!
This silly word game for kids is fun and easy to play in a pinch! No materials are required and it can be played with any group size…so why not include it in your party planning?
Before the Party:
No preparation is required, but you may want to write category titles on 3×5 cards such as farm animals, jungle animals, food, furniture, clothing, pets, dinosaurs. If your playing with older kids, select advanced categories like mammals, European countries, musicians, presidents etc.
- Gather the children in a circle, group or around a table.
- A grown up leader will begin the game by selecting a category and then begin listing items that belong in the category.
- Speak quickly and clearly and then sneak one item that does not belong.
- The object of the game is for the players to put up thumbs and holler out when they hear the word that that doesn’t belong…or sticks out like a sore thumb.
Banana, strawberry, orange, apples, BACKPACK, peach, grape, HAMSTER…and so on.
- Use your discretion for how long the rounds should last and let the children take turns being the leader.
Leave a Reply