Fancy Tea Party
A fun and fancy tea party birthday for your little lady!
Planning a fancy tea party for your little girl’s birthday will be as easy as 1-2-3 with these tea party decorations, treats and favorite party games for special little ladies!
Fancy Tea Party Invitations and Decorations
You’ll want to get in touch with your inner “frilly-girl” to set the mood for your fancy tea party. Here are some decorating ideas to inspire you…
- Handcraft your invitations with delicate paper and use your computer to print in an elegant script. Roll and tie up the invitations with satin ribbon.
- Decorate the doorway with streamers, gossamer sashes or tissue paper pom-pom flower garland.
- Hang a canopy above the tea party table with streamers in two pastel colors twisted together.
- Cover the table with a flower or lace tablecloth.
- Place a simple fresh flower bouquet in a pretty teapot or place a single flower in a vase at each place setting (best for small parties).
- Matching helium balloon bouquets of 3 or 5 balloons, make a nice party touch.
- Tie the balloon bouquets to ornate purses or cellophane bags filled with pretty candy.
- Decorate the birthday girl’s chair with a sash of tulle or gossamer.
- If the girls are old enough, set the table with a variety of china tea place settings.
- Place paper doilies on the serving platters and cake plates.
- Wrap the flatware in the napkins and create a napkin ring with silk flowers and ribbons. Place the flatware on a doily in the center of the plate.
- Or, make your own fancy two-tone flower party plates.
Fancy Tea Party Games and Crafts
Prepare a few of your daughter’s favorite tea party crafts and activities from the list below to make the party truly special!
- Dress-up with fancy hats, gloves, shoes, dresses and the works.
- Create coin purses out of duct tape. Just get some “fancy” fabric that matches the tea party theme.
- The parlor game “Twenty Questions” is a tea party favorite.
- Play the Pass the Parcel game.
- Play a challenging game of “Teacup Tiddlywinks”.
- Who can guess how many candies are in the jar with this guessing game.
- Play a clothespin search party game.
- Play a sugar cube and spoon relay race (remove high heel dress-up shoes).
- Decorate hats, purses or gloves using fabric glue, decorations and possibly fabric pens or paints.
- Make sweet edible candy jewelry that the girls can wear and take home as a treat.
- Make and decorate paper fans with pretty cardstock paper.
- Fold and decorate a “cootie catcher” or fortune teller, you can find the directions on-line.
Fancy Tea Party Food and Favors
Serve a few tasty tea treats little ladies love and don’t forget to give your guests a special gift to take home.
- Remove the crusts from kid-favorite “tea sandwiches” and cut them into triangles.
- Sandwich pinwheels are also a favorite.
- Include fresh fruit kabobs or white chocolate dipped strawberries.
- Lemonade served from a teapot is more popular than actual tea.
- Meringues, cookies and sweet biscuits are customary tea party fare.
- Cake pops are the perfect treat to serve at a tea party.
- Fill pretty cupcake liners with nuts, dried fruit and crackers.
- Make a batch of sweet lemon ball treats to serve in a fancy candy dish. These also make a great party favor.
- Fill a teacup or fabric pouch purse with a few of these favorite tea party favors…
decorated sugar cookies
word game books and markers
See how easy it is to make CakePops with Bakerella!
Leave a Reply
Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD