Halloween Mummy Decoration
Too cute to be scary
After making the “Ghost of Black Beard” Halloween decoration there was some extra white fabric. Using the same balloon technique and wiggle eyes this almost too cute to creepy mummy was created. Try making three one purple, one white and green and adding bright glow sticks or flashlights to the oatmeal box for an eerie glow. Display them on the table, by the front door, or in a corner with creepy Halloween spider web.
- Green balloon
- Strips of white fabric or crepe paper streamers
- Empty oatmeal container
- Wiggle eyes (not shown)
- White construction paper
- Glue-dots (removable)
- Black permanent marker (not shown)
- Cover the oatmeal box with white paper using glue-dots or tape.
- Inflate the balloon and tie the end.
- Rest the balloon in the oatmeal container with the tied part inside and secure it in the container and add a few Glue Dots around the edges.
- Cut or tear strips of fabric.
- Place one strip of the fabric over the balloon and secure it in place with a glue dot or two. Then tuck the ends underneath the container using glue-dots there as well. This step will hold your balloon in place.
- Place a glut-dot on the end of a strip of fabric and stick it to the back of the mummy.
- Start loosely wrapping the fabric around the the balloon and container, using glue-dots to attach one strip to another until you’ve achieved the look you want.
- Add wiggle eyes and draw a mouth that is partially hidden (let the marker dry before touching the fabric).
1-2-3 Craft Tips:
- Try placing a flashlight pointed upwards inside the oatmeal container so that the ghost has an eerie glow.
- Glue dots will pop the balloon so be sure where you want to lace the eyes and fabric.
Leave a Reply
Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD