The Ghost of Black Beard
A homemade Halloween decoration in just a few minutes
This Halloween ghost is so easy it’s practically not a craft at all! Rummage through your recycling and old linens, stop by a cheap costume store and Ta-Da you have a unique decoration for your Halloween party table! When your party is over and the goblins have gone home, fold the fabric up to use next year.
- White balloon
- White fabric (an old sheet or stained table cloth will do)
- Empty oatmeal container
- Permanent marker (or craft felt)
- Glue dots
- Pirate’s hat (child sized from a party store)
- Inflate the white balloon and tie the end.
- Rest the balloon in the oatmeal container with the tied part inside and secure it in the container and add a few Glue Dots around the edges.
- Cut a square of fabric to fit over the balloon and touch the table with a little spare.
- Place the fabric over the balloon to get an idea where you’ll want to draw the eyes and mouth. Lay the fabric flat before drawing the face.
- Use the marker to draw the spooky oval ghost eyes and mouth. You can also cut eyes, mouth and eyebrows from black craft felt and attach them with Glue Dots.
- Drape the fabric back over the balloon, position the face use Glue Dots to secure the fabric on the balloon. Add the Pirate hat and Ta-Da!
1-2-3 Craft Tips:
- Try placing a flashlight pointed upwards inside the oatmeal container so that the ghost has an eerie glow.
- Make several ghosts and display them together by the entry way to the party. Add cobwebs and a few spiders to achieve the perfect Halloween display.
- If you have extra fabric, cut it in strips and use a green balloon to make a mummy decoration.
Leave a Reply
Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD