Monster Eyeball Cakes
Lookout for these creepy Halloween treats!
I’m always torn about making gross desserts like fingers and eyeballs. When is it too much? But when my own kids had no problems gobbling up these Halloween desserts…I knew they’d be just fine. Besides I have to share any idea that turns store bought Whoopie Pies into something that will make you look super creative. So serve a platter of edible eyeballs on your Halloween party table and make a statement!
- Chocolate or red velvet Whoopie Pies
- Large marshmallows – 2 eyes per marshmallow
- Food Writer edible markers
- Green decorator icing tube (not gel)
- Kitchen scissors
- Parchment (or waxed) paper
- Cut the marshmallows into thirds and discard the sticky middle pieces.
- Use the food-writer pen to draw ellipse shaped pupils on the dry side of the marshmallow pieces. Set the marshmallows on the parchment paper to dry.
- Starting in the center of the Whoopie Pie, use the green decorator tube to make eye capillaries. It’s like drawing a tree and branches. Begin with the longer lines and then add small lines.
- Put an eye marshmallow in the center of the Whoopie Pie and you are done!
Oooh creepy Monster Eyes!
Leave a Reply
Featuring Recent Posts WordPress Widget development by YD